Monday, July 28, 2008

28 days to go

As a teacher, I am just as excited to have school canceled due to inclement weather as I was as a student. Today yet another typhoon came through Taiwan. Luckily it was not as lame as last week's, and everything in Taipei was shut down for the day. So my day has included catching up on grading quizzes, laundry and reading. I've had a pretty lazy day.

Now I have just under four weeks to go. I am starting to do all the "business" type things I have to sort out. But most importantly, I got my room rented in just three days. I am so relieved and happy to have that out of the way! I've said goodbye to more friends in the past couple of weeks. I hate goodbyes, but it means my time to leave is coming up fast, so that party I am happy about.

During the past couple of weekends I went to the beach and also back to this awesome national park south of the city called Wulai. I'd been there once back in the fall for hiking. This time we headed far into the park, where there weren't many tourists, and we sat in the river all afternoon. The water was freezing which was a nice relief from the heat. There's such a difference in the air quality out there, too. It's so clean and fresh, unlike in Taipei.

Well, that's it for now. I have some new pictures in my "Out and About in Taipei: The Second Half" album, if you want to take a look.

No comments: