Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quick update and some new pictures

**Update: I just found out that my little kids class that I talk about in this post is actually going to continue now with three students! Ten students are required for a class, so they're paying extra to continue on. I think it will be fun to have such a small class. I'll write later about how it's going!

Just a short update on my life. It's really beginning to feel like summer. (Well, summer weather for home, only spring weather for here.) It's been in the 70s and 80s and fairly humid for a few weeks now. I know it will only get worse from here in terms of heat and humidity. Things are going to be pretty busy for the next couple of months. I've got a lot of things planned. First, this weekend, Susan arrives from Japan. She'll travel around the island for the week by herself, but will return to Taipei next weekend. So hopefully I can see some stuff I've yet to see around the city! I've also got a short weekend trip with friends planned to Taroko Gorge. It's apparently one of the most gorgeous places on the island, and is certainly one of the most famous places. Hopefully the weather will be good and we'll rent scooters and drive all around and probably do some hiking. Also, James Blunt is coming to Taipei, so I am going to see that concert with friends which I am so excited about! Then there's Thailand in June with Charlie. We have everything booked now. We'll be in Bangkok for a few days and on the island, Ko Samet, for a few days.

I have some new pictures up on my site. One of my favorite classes, my youngest class, ended this past week. A couple of them were going on to our school-aged program, so there weren't enough to continue with the class. Anyway, I took some really cute pictures with/of them. They're here in the school album on my photo site. I went on a crazy hike this past weekend with a couple of friends. I call it crazy because I think the Taiwanese idea of hiking is a little insane. Oh how I miss hiking regular, dirt trails at home. Their idea of hiking is to have stairs going straight up the mountain, I kid you not. There are no switchbacks, but stairs literally straight up. It's a heck of a workout, that's for sure. Of course This wasn't the first hike I'd been on, but each time I go the concept continues to amuse me. Anyway, I have pictures of the hike and more stuff I've been up to in my Out&About in Taipei- The Second Half album on my photo site.

No comments: