Thursday, May 22, 2008

Taroko Gorge trip, etc.

Things have been busy during the past few weeks. The coolest thing I've done was my trip to Taroko Gorge with some friends. Taroko is the most "touristy" place on the island and I now know why. It's gorgeous! It reminded me a lot of the mountains in Colorado. We rented scooters and drove through most of it, stopping to take pictures at random spots and to get out and see different sites. There were some buildings to see (one pagoda, one shrine), but mostly it was just the incredible scenery! At the end of the day we visited some cliffs on the coast just north of the gorge. We got there at the perfect time of day and the water was a gorgeous blue. Pictures are up on my photo site, so take a look.

I saw James Blunt in concert last weekend. Wow! He's great. I've never been a huge fan, but I really, really enjoyed the concert. I was surprised to see so many Taiwanese people who were obviously fans. They even sang along to all his songs! I've made a couple trips to the beach already which has been nice. It's a beach called Fulong which is about an hour and a half away by train. It's the same place I went camping back in the fall. So I've done that a couple of the past Sundays.

Charlie arrives this Sunday. I cannot wait! We'll be in Taipei through Friday and we are then off to Thailand for a week. I'll post after that. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: